Dear Sir/ Ma’am,
Greetings from India Elder Connect!
Thank you for posting your query.
The Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme or IGNOAPS is a remarkable initiative taken by the government. A sum of Rs 200 to Rs 500 will be granted by the government, depending on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
For complete central assistance, beneficiaries will have to meet the desired criteria. The following points will talk about eligibility clauses:
• Applicants (either female or male) shall be 60 years or higher (excluding BPL widows and BPL persons with severe or multiple disabilities in the age group of 60-79 years)
• Financial benefits for those belonging to 60-79 is decided at Rs 200/- per beneficiary per month
• Assistance of Rs 500/- per beneficiary per month for those who are aged 80 years or above
• The beneficiary has to be a BPL card holder
The program and IGNOAPS scheme is getting complete support from the Central as well as State Governments. With the help of this scheme, senior citizens will have the opportunity to lead better lives than before. The scheme is beneficial as it offers a subsistence amount to all the applicants.
• Aadhaar Card or Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip or Copy of his request made for Aadhaar enrolment; and,
• Any of the following documents, namely:
o Voters’ ID Card issued by Election Commission of India
o Ration Card
o Bank Passbook with Photo (Kisan Photo Passbook also valid)
o PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department
o Driving Licence
o MGNREGA Card
o BPL Status Certificate (verifiable through Ration card)
How to Apply?
Application Forms can be obtained free of cost (also in the local languages) from the designated officer appointed by the respective state governments. At the district level the implementation of the scheme has been entrusted to Zilla Parishad or its equivalent. At the local level, the Gram Panchayat /Municipality would implement the scheme. If sanctioned, beneficiary shall be issued a Pension Passbook.